Monday, July 21, 2008

Love List



The idea of love and relationships has been on my mind recently. You may ask how, given the stressors of motherhood and my job, but . . . hey, it is what it is. I'm not feening for a man, but I love the idea of another person enhancing our family. Now while I make conscious efforts to surround my son with positive male role models, I think that as he gets older, the more he will need his own. I have not always made wise choices when it comes to relationships. Unfortunately, I'm still playing out scripts written in my childhood. But I am more cautious now, particularly since I know that my choices will impact my child. While reading another blog, the author commented about her recent epiphany and awareness of her own pattern of choosing the wrong men. She took an idea from another blogger and created her Love List.

So, in the interest of speaking our thoughts, wishes and needs into existence, I am beginning my own Top 100 Love list. Over the course of the next few weeks, I will add to the list until it is complete. Feel free to comment and/or share your own thoughts.
  1. Loves God
  2. Loves me more than his own body
  3. Is secure and confident in his own maleness
  4. Loves children and family
  5. Loves his job and career; looks forward to going to work each day.

No comments: