Friday, July 25, 2008

Love List Continued



31. He understands the loving power of a simple touch; the importance of physical contact e.g., a touch on the shoulder or arm, a quick hug, running his hands across my hair

32. He suggests washing my hair and giving me my own special spa treatment, particularly when we have the house to ourselves.

33. He holds my hand in public.

34. He calls to tell me when he’ll be a little late.

35. He calls when he says he will call.

36. He takes pleasure in and values the extended Saturday morning cuddles

37. We work together to minimize negative influences from our friends and family; our loyalty is to our relationship first.

38. He changes diapers without being asked.

39. He does not consider himself a babysitter when he is left alone with the children. He recognizes that child rearing is a shared responsibility.

40. My son joyfully calls him “daddy.”


No comments: