Friday, September 19, 2008

Wake Up!!

This blog is not a political commentary, at least, not overtly, but there are times when Ijust feel the need to speak up. These past couple weeks, events have taken place in our country that scare the heck out of me. How in the world does the mindset of racial prejudice continue to exist in the 21st century? This country is composed of hundreds and thousands of subgroups. The arrogance involved in a group to assume that they are superior to all the other groups, based on nothing more than skin color and dna astounds me!

I am saddened that there are people who think this mess is funny and clever.



















I am saddened that there is another group of people who choose to ignore the actual 'waffling" that takes place during this interview: Sarah Palin

Allright. We CAN do something about it. Register to Vote and then exercise your right to vote on election day.

Oh, and just in case I still haven't made my point, I'm inviting Spike Lee to close this out for me.

5 comments:

clnmike said...

Well said.

Kiayaphd said...

thanks!!

Just Kel said...

WAKE UP!!!

Love it.

Hopefully on this coming Friday I will be seeing Spike Lee and James McBride here at the Library, though it will be a conversation about "Miracle at St. Annas". There are small perks for working at a Library.

Maggie said...

That Waffle box is so terrible on so many levels. I know presidential races get ugly at this stage, but this year seems to really be finding new levels of dirty.

Kiayaphd said...

MsKnowItAll: I would love an opportunity to meet Spike in person. He is a hero to me, a complex hero, but a hero nonetheless!!

Maggie: the sad thing about it is that if questioned, these folk would say they weren't trying to make a racial statement, it was just a clever play on words.

BS!!!!