Monday, September 29, 2008

Exciting times

First, I was informed today that I have been promoted into a new position at my job!! Yayy! This totally unexpected. The company has been downsizing and tightening up pursestrings lately; in fact, one of our satellite clinics is scheduled for closure tomorrow and the staff and clients will be informed for the first time then. So, if I gave any thought to changes in my future employment, it would have been that I would be getting a pink slip soon given that I've been working here less than 6 months.

The new position will involve me creating a new department from the ground up and possibly having at least some say in the people that will be working with me. I've got to tie up some loose ends in my current position, but will be able to start in my new post in about 2 weeks.

Second, my playa card was revoked this morning. I had a golden opportunity to make my intentions known to my current crush last night. . . and I blew it! He unexpectedly showed up at my house with some other friends, and I found that I could not wrap two words together to sjay to him. Dumbstruck!! He even gave me an opening by hanging back after the other friends were moving to the car and I just stood there and smiled, like an idiot. My co-worker is the one who revoked the card,

"Not you??!! What about all that clever, funny stuff you be telling ME to say? Uh-uh. . . I'm taking it back."

Well, the only thing I can say in my own defense is that I was totally taken off guard at his appearance, and something about seeing him in my home space was . . . I don't even have the words. Oh, well. . . I did get a nice hug though ;-)

Third, my son sang in the Children's choir yesterday and did his mama PROUD! He was the only one singing directly into the microphone and doing all of the choreographed hand gestures they had been taught. You know I took a ton of pictures, right? Please indulge this mama for just a moment. (That's my Heart and Soul in the blue striped shirt).












And finally, somewhere in the next 24 to 48 hours, I should hear something about the short story I submitted to a local magazine contest. Please keep me in your prayers!!

7 comments:

IamMe Like IT-Love IT-Hate IT said...

Congrats on the Promo and that beautiful little boy!!! Good things always come when you least expect it. and I hope you get your playa card back soon LOL but I've been there sometimes they just take your breath away but it is a damn good feeling, right?

RamblingMother said...

congrats on your promotion.

Kiayaphd said...

@iamme: yes, it feels grand!!!

@Beverly: Thanks girl!

clnmike said...

Second, my playa card was revoked this morning.

Lets say it was placed on hold till the next time, lol.

Kiayaphd said...

@clnmike: thanks for cutting me some slack!! LMAO!!

I'm working on a plan to redeem my status!

Just Kel said...

First, congratulations on the promotion. God's favor!

Second, I'm sure another opportunity will present itself. Practice what you will say, your facial expressions and all of that. LOL
But shoot, it seems like he has a crush on you too... maybe he'll make the move next time.

Third, go on Proud Mama. Your heart and soul looks so adorable.

Kiayaphd said...

@MsKnowItAll: Thanks. I was sooo proud of my big boy!!

The promotion really did come out of the blue, but I am so excited. It is truly God's favor!