Monday, September 1, 2008

He's at the heart of what matters to me

I love long weekends. It really gives my son and I time to de-stress and reconnect with each other. We didn't do anything in particular other than the usual errands. Mostly, we were just at home, "hangin'" as my kid likes to tell me, and talked.

So, this evening, while working on his spelling words for the coming week, he drops off a few priceless pearls that I thought I'd share:

He is taking French lessons at school and he prattled off some french phrase that he had learned the previous week. Sounded good to me, but I had no idea what he said. So, I asked.

"She hasn't told us what it means yet," he replied.

"Well, it seems to me," spouted his wise parent, "that maybe she was waiting for some brilliant child to ASK her what it meant. I'm thinking someone like MY brilliant child!"

"There are lots of brilliant children in my classroom."

**crickets**

Smart aleck!

Ok, so later he shares,

"Oh, and I had a dream about heaven."

"Oh, yeah? What was it like?" I inquired.

"There were lots of people there, good people, people who had been shot (we had just watched a re-run of 'Ghost'). Oh, and Jesus was there."

"Really? Did y'all get a chance to talk?"

"Yes ma'am. I asked Him to help me control my behavior in school and to give me a good attitude."

"You did?"

"Yes, ma'am and the next day, He made it come true."

"Yeah, Jesus is kinda good that way." was my wise retort.

So, he continued writing for a beat and then,

"Oh, I forgot. Jesus told me that I should have that Hot Wheels Slam toy that I showed you the other day!"

Indeed!

2 comments:

RamblingMother said...

I guess Jesus is good that kind of way too? heh

Kiayaphd said...

LOL!! I guess so, the lil stinker!