Monday, September 22, 2008

Another Family Weekend

This was another busy weekend for us. My 12 year old niece competed with her dance group at our regional fair's Youth Talent Contest. Unfortunately, they did not pass through this preliminary round. While they are good, (my niece in particularly is phenomenal!), there were quite a few talented kids performing and the judges obviously chose wrong!! Anyway, my niece was ok with the outcome. She is used to performing and has a philosophical view about contests,

"Sometimes you win and sometimes you don't. Right now, I'm tired and hungry, let's go."





(My 11 and 12 year old nieces, my sister and son)




Later, my brother's daughters, my older set of nieces, dropped by for a quick visit. They have already started on the next generation. I tease my brother about being a grandfather at such a young age. Me? I'm still just "auntie"!!!



(my beautiful nieces!!)







By late Saturday afternoon, my son had had his fill of all the female chatter and gossip, and was begging to hang with my nephews. When he couldn't go, he went to his room and closed the door. Po tang!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, congrats to your niece on her good sportmanship.

Very lovely family.