Monday, September 8, 2008

Stress is a mutha!!

This has been a strange couple weeks for me. My emotions are all over the place, I have been eating myself out of house and home (slowly growing INTO a house) and have very little tolerance for B.S. It's hard for me to settle my mind for long, which means that I've now got 4 or 5 projects going on at once and none of them near completion.

I feel badly enough when I snap off at grown folk, but I feel like a total heel for my OVER-response to my son's minor infraction over the weekend. I've got some making up to do this evening.

My sleep is totally out of whack; I've been waking up every hour on the hour, with bad dreams and night sweats.

Oh, did I mention that I was eating everything in the house and the refrigerator at work? Oh, I did? My bad.

My co-worker's solution? Lexapro. Nah, I don't think so. At least, not yet.

What I need to do is settle myself down and deal with each of my relatively minor stressors, one at a time. I'm trying to look at the whole thing en masse and it is stressing me the hell out!

Is there a full moon?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

You are a writer.
Get asheet of paper and write down what is stressing you out.
for example bills.
write the amounts
write a plan

I find that even if I have no intention of doing what I write it helps me to think about what is going on and then I see that things aren't that bad.

I write what I have to do now, need to do later, want to do and I find myself moving things around so that the have to do becomes a later so don't stress it now and some of my needs become clear they are wants.

Sorry for the all together ramble.

Or pray. Both could help.
Avoid pills.

Kiayaphd said...

Sharon, I appreciate every word. However, as I read the first two paragraphs, I had an almost panic response, "What? Another writing assignment?!!" I had to back away from the computer for a sec just to try and catch my breath.

And I fully agree. . . pills are NOT the answer.

The thing I have NOT done is pray. Not only does it allow me to commune with God and listen for His voice, prayer calms and settles me. See, you know I've been too busy that I haven't even done the very thing that will most likely help me to feel better.

I'm going to shut everything down once I get the baby to bed and see if I can't come back to myself.

Thanks, girl.

Robert E. Morgan, Jr. said...

Been there and done that! I am sure in life I will Be There, Doing that again in the near future. Keep your head up and take it one minute, hour or day at a time. John 14:14 works for me. Nice blog you have. If you ever get a chance check me out. If you like what you read maybe you can tell other. I will pass your site on as well.

Kiayaphd said...

Thanks for stopping by Remorji!. I appreciate the feedback. I took a quick look at your site and was intrigued enough to return. I really like the tone of the short story I started. Looking forward to reading more.

Come by anytime!!

Just Kel said...

A long bath

Chamomile tea

An article like this:

http://www.oprah.com/article/oprahsbookclub/anewearth/pkganewearthwebcast/20080130_obc_webcast_beginexercises7

That's my take... everyone else is on point as well.

Think affirmatively.
http://www.oprah.com/slideshow/spirit/emotionalhealth/slideshow1_ss_kyb_stress_rx

Okay I'm done with the links! LOL

Kiayaphd said...

MsKnowItAll, I am bookmarking each of these links. Stress makes you forget all the stuff you normally do that helps to keep you sane. But this just reminded me how I've put away quite a few of my healthy habits in the name of saving time. Now things are out of control.

Thanks chica!