Saturday, August 23, 2008

Family Day


We had an awesome Saturday! The UniverSoul Circus was in town this week and for those who've never attended, you are missing out on a really, really, loud, rambunctious, fun good time! This circus includes the typical circus stuff, tigers, elephants, acrobats and clowns; what makes it unique is that all of the performers are people of color from around the world including Beijing China, South America, Cape Town South Africa, Russia, and various parts of the United States. My Heart and Soul and I were debating who had the most fun; then my 75 year old aunt chimed in that she had more fun than either of us!! I seriously think that I did though; the elephants and tigers had me on the edge of my seat. During the tiger performance, the ringmaster kept tweaking the tail of one of the tigers and the big cat started growling and swatted at him. I was sure that he was gonna pounce and eat him! He didn't, but it was fun and horrifying waiting to see if he did. One move by one of the elephants actually had me gasping out loud. And it was so funny watching the elephants bounce (on beat, by the way) to Michael Jackson's "Beat It".
Of course, I could not include any footage of the actual circus, but the following is a snippet of a conversation with my Heart and Soul and auntie. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you and your son enjoyed yourselves.

I don't really like the circus.

Kiayaphd said...

LOL!!! Thanks Sharon.