Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I'm still choosing

You know, sometimes it does not pay to tell some folk about good things that are happening in your life, or even just to express your satisfaction with life in general. I don't know if this is a reflection of the universe trying to restore balance, satan just f'ing with me, or haters and their life philosophy of misery loving company.

Yesterday, it seemed that everywhere I turned I was faced with negativity and funky attitudes, with people trying extra hard to show me how little I mattered to them. At one point, I realized that I had an awful knot in the pit of my stomach, found myself fighting back tears and was overwhelmed by feelings of loneliness and sadness.

So, I went back and re-read my previous post and was reminded that I alone am responsible for my happiness and that happiness is a choice, not based on a feeling or a certain set of circumstances. And it did the trick. I shook that isht off, turned my phone off, made myself invisible on IM and ignored all but positive emails. I then snuggled up on the couch with my child and two dogs; yes, we were all under the covers together, laughing and generally feeling good about being with each other, watching Madagascar 2: Back to Africa.

I'm still choosing to be happy; sadness and depression is not an option.

So, to any and all who think to bring negative energy into my world today:


2 comments:

Unknown said...

They say misery loves company.

And jealousy is all over.
Yes, people are jealous when you are happy and they are not.

You have to do that sometimes turn off everything and ignore those around you.

I even had a message up on my facebook and myspace page that naysayers need to keep it to themselves.

Just keep remembering the positive and if you have to read the post daily.

Kiayaphd said...

Thanks, girl. It's a darn shame to be that way, but in order to maintain my peace of mind, sometimes, I just have to step away from folk.