Friday, October 24, 2008

Public Service Announcement

After watching the final debate last week it dawned on me that Obama
could actually win this thing! If that happens there will be a lot of
people (some of our co-workers included) who will be afraid that an
Obama presidency will usher in the end of days. They'll be watching us
on November 5th (the day after the election) for "signs of the end"
times. To keep the peace and keep a lot of folks from getting nervous,
I think we should develop a list of acceptable celebrations and
behaviors we should probably avoid - at least for the first few days:

1) No crying, hugging or shouting "Thank you, Lord" - at
least not in public

2) No high-fives - at least not unless the area is clear and
there are no witnesses.

3) No laughing at the McCain/Palin supporters.

4) No calling in sick on November 5th. They'll get nervous if
too many of us don't show up.

5) We're allowed to give each other knowing winks or nods in
passing. Just try to keep from grinning too
hard.

6) No singing loudly, "We've Come This Far By Faith" (it WILL
be acceptable to hum softly).

7) No bringing barbeque ribs or fried chicken for lunch in the
company lunchroom for at least a week (no
chitterlings AT ALL! This may make us seem too ethnic.)

8) No leaving Kool-aid packages at the water fountain.

9) No Cupid Shuffle during breaks (this could indicate a little
too much excitement.)

10) Please no Moving On Up music (we are going to try to remain
humble.)

If I've missed anything, feel free to add to the list. I just want
to make sure we're all on the same page when Obama brings this thing
home on November 5th. Now let's make this thing happen!!!


(Thanks, Earl!)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so funny. I am cracking up.

loves it.

That Writer Chick said...

LOL...you are too funny!

Kiayaphd said...

Sharon and MzTeeJaye,

I'm laughing myself!! Feel free to add to the list.

clnmike said...

Lol, you crazy that is my personal holiday I am out!!

Shaun said...

That's hilarious! Don't forget, "we shall overcome" Too funny!

Kiayaphd said...

Mike: I might not be too far behind you.

Shaun: LMAO

Mary63 said...

ROLF! How about no "Lift Every Voice and Sing?" I bet I'm the only white chick who knows all the words!

Kiayaphd said...

Ooops! In knew I was forgetting something. The Negro National Anthem should definitely NOT be sung during the first week of Obama's presidency!!

LOL!!