Friday, October 24, 2008

It's in the mail

I am attaching another inspiring message from my pastor, Rev Thomas L Murray. I am working on building patience because I know I am waaaayy too influenced by our "fast food" society: I want what I want when and where I want it!!

But I'm a believer, and I have got to remember that God is in control and that His promises are sure. I've asked for movement within my family and I am assured that He will answer my prayers. It's in the mail, y'all . . . I just need to wait.

This message was right on time for me. I hope it blesses you!

"IT'S IN THE MAIL"
Recently I spoke with a friend of mine about a package that he had promised to send and that I had not yet received. He assured me that he had sent it and that I should expect to receive it any day, and he went on to say, "it's in the mail". Just the thought of knowing that it had indeed been sent and that it was in the mail relieved me from the anticipation that comes with waiting . All too often in life, as believers we wait for our prayers to be answered, our situations to get better, the economy to improve, and God's promises to be made manifest in our lives -- there is a sense of expectation that God is going to do something about the situation that we find ourselves in. Many times when we expect something in the natural we have faith that it will soon come, ie. that income tax refund check, the stimulus payment, the rebate check, the closing papers...and we wait with a sense of urgency, looking through the mail everyday, waiting on the mail person to arrive. And once the mail finally gets there, we are over-joyed. Isaiah 40: 31, gives us a wonderful promise as believers and lets us know that those who truly rely upon God and commit themselves to His guidance, shall find that God will not fail them. As you go into this day, move forward with a spirit of expectation knowing that what you have entrusted into the hands of God will not go unnoticed and be prepared to celebrate and give God praise once you get what you have been waiting for.
Be blessed,
Pastor Thomas L. Murray
ptlm@aol.com

1 comment:

That Writer Chick said...

I so needed this! I've been waiting for an answer on something for two months and it hasn't come yet. Reading this is right on time.