Thursday, January 8, 2009

Thought-filled Thursday

I'm going to borrow from a few of my blog buddies and just ramble a few thoughts away today. I don't really have a lot on my mind; well, actually, I have quite a few things on my mind, that's part of the reason it's been so hard for me to post lately, I don't know where to start.

First, have any of you heard about Neenah, a young woman in New Jersey, who has set up a website in order to search for a husband? She has given herself 52 weeks of dedicated search to find a husband. She has apparently captured the attention of, if not a man, but of the media! Tom Joyner, Essence Magazine and others have interviewed since she first set up her site. I first heard about her yesterday from MzTeeJaye and then I went over to my favorite natural hair care site and there is a 3-page + discussion about her. I hope she will be successful in her search.

Reviews seem to mixed. I just wonder why it has come to this; that we (women) have to advertise our availability. In my parents and grandparent's youth, it seemed so much more simple. It was understood that people would seek careers and begin families; men pursued woman; that was their role. Something has been lost in the translation now.

I do believe that she may be going a little to the extreme in her efforts, but I will likely follow her through this "social experiment", her words and see where it takes her.

Second, can someone PULEEZE tell me, why? Many of you read and followed my Love List, right? Did any of you notice ANYWHERE in that list of 100 qualities, that I wanted to be involved with a MARRIED man??!!

No? I thought not. Well, I just ran into another EX, who is MARRIED. Who, when he saw me, pulled me into this INTENSE embrace and held on like I was the second coming of Christ. "I'm so happy to see! I'm so happy to see you!" He's EX for a reason, so I really don't get this.

Can someone please tell me when I will meet a SINGLE man, who is anywhere near this happy to see me?

Third, I don't like double-minded people! I'm a very direct person. I speak my mind, with tact, though, but no one ever has to wonder where they stand with me. And I appreciate when I meet people with the same life philosphy. It just makes like more simple and bearable for me.

So, it irks me to no end when people call themselves "friend" and then behave in non-friendly ways; and then have the nerve to look hurt and behave angry when I call you on it. Regardless of what you speak, your actions define you as "the enemy" and I will be dealing with you as such and from a long handled spoon.

Fourth, I am so happy to see my son settle down and become more peaceful. As hard as it is to work full-time, take on the full responsibility to educate him, write, and socialize in a 24 hour day period, it is well worth it to me, to see him smile more, the watch him sleep throughout the night without nightmares, to actually see him sleep beyond the sunrise and feel less need to fight his way through life, I don't even really have the words to describe how this feels.

And finally, I am still writing. I have finally settled on an idea for my first novel. I had a friend of mine crackin' up last night, as I described these "voices" in my head (the characters y'all!) and how they interrupt my sleep and concentration during the day. I am compelled to put their stories on paper as quickly as possible, just so that they can leave me alone!! I would like to introduce one or two of them here, just as soon as I've tightened a few things up.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I thought you already wrote a novel before. ..not that you said it it was just my thinking.

I am glad that your son is feeling much better. A child should have peace.

The reason you didn't put married man on the love list is because that is from the anti- love list because he is also an ex for some reason.
Hey you could always put up a website with your love list and picture and see what happens. . .only joking.

Kiayaphd said...

Sharon: my child is starting to blossom and you're so right, every child should have peace!

This will be my first novel; I've written several short stories, trying to get a feel for a style, but this will be my first attempt at a novel length story. Wish me luck!

Now, as for "you could always put up a website with your love list and see what happens,"

I can see that now you've got jokes!!

Just Kel said...

You know I think married men are attracting your vibe for wanting stability.

I attract lots of married men too... Oh I have a post coming up on that one.

LOL @ Sharon on the anti-love list. What a good idea.

I wish Ms. Neenah the best as well. I don't know when things have changed, when we women have to announce our availability... "Hey You, I'm single and the marrying kind. I'll cook your meals and be the bestest wife I could possibly be." I haven't read up on her yet but that's just my 2 cents.

I'm looking forward to meeting your characters...

Kiayaphd said...

MsKnowItAll: I hadn't really considered the attraction may be based on my desire for stability, but I think you may have something there. I'm going to chew on that a little more.

I write character studies for each of the main characters at the same time as I develop the plot (thanks to Gotham Writer's group for that suggestion), so this will be what I will share in the coming weeks. I can't wait to hear your throughts.