Friday, November 14, 2008

I'm Back!!

Whew!! This has been an incredibly intense couple weeks! I almost feel like a soldier coming home from the battle field, I am so happy to return to this space. A quick glance around shows me that I have quite a bit of catching up to do.

I believe I mentioned a few posts back that I have been promoted to a new job. Well, for any of you who have ever created anything from scratch, you probably understand the intense pressure and scrutiny that I am under. I'm going to be scrong though, mostly because I think the worst of it has settled down.

In the midst of work stuff, I had several self-imposed projects that included a submission to fiction short story contest, an online writing course, and participation in the NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month, or something like that).

On top of that, my son's school is driving me nuts! I feel like all I've done these past few weeks, when not involved in the above is fight and cuss! I'm tired. When I heard myself screaming inside my head this morning when some rude ass cut me off in traffic, I knew something would have to give. Soon.

My employers have generously allowed me to adjust my work schedule. I am going to take my son out of the public school system and homeschool him. At least, until January. I'm looking for private school settings and I don't want to have to rush into any decisions.

Just making that decision went a long way to relieve the pressure in my head. Wish us luck on that.

Plans for the weekend? I've got 007 on my mind. I've already lined up my sitter and James and I are going to spend a couple exciting hours together tomorrow. My son is getting baptized Sunday morning and we're planning a family dinner after church. Y'all are welcome to join us!!

2 comments:

clnmike said...

Congrats to you son for Sunday.

Kiayaphd said...

Thanks, Mike. I'll tell him.