Friday, March 20, 2009

Lent Update

I feel like I've been out of touch for awhile, even though I continue to post my writing updates two to three times per week.

I continue to experience anxiety attacks and no one is more surprised by this than me. The consensus is that this is a result of accumulated stress from the fall and now that I am clear of the worst of it, my subconscious worries are making themselves conscious.

Well, whatever it is, it SUCKS!! Mostly because I never know when one will happen. This makes it so much worse for me cuz I know I am such the control freak. Anyway, as with most things, this too will pass.

In the meantime, work on the novel is progressing swimmingly. I'm just at 30,000 word count and the murky middle doesn't feel quite so murky anymore. Each day, it becomes a little bit clearer how I will work Ima, Micah and David out of their latest disaster.

The other part of my Lenten resolution was daily exercise. I am proud to admit that I have worked out 5-6 days since I started.

A friend of mine recommended the P90X program (yes, the one on the Infomercial) with trainer Tony Horton. That is an intense workout, designed for folk already in reasonable shape. These are the results my friend had after 90 days with P90X.

I've been living a couch potato lifestyle for a minute, so I figured this program would be more than I could handle right now. Instead, I chose the Power 90 program with the same trainer; supposedly, I'm also going to be ultra fine in 90 days. It's less intense than P90X, but effective in muscle definition and improved cardio. I cuss Mr Horton out daily, but I am definitely seeing results. I highly recommend this program. I just started my third week and I have lost 7 pounds and 10 inches all around.

So, that is more or less what's going on with me right now. My child is doing GREAT and experiencing a growth spurt. I'm going broke trying to keep him in pants and shoes that fit. Emotionally, he's in a great place. Now, just a typically hard headed 7 year old boy!!

Anyway, I'm back to editing. Have a great weekend!!

2 comments:

Just Kel said...

Congratulations on your weightloss journey. I'm only slightly jealous.

Now I'm sorry to hear about your attacks. I checked up on you to see if your drought has ended because something's been happening to me... (see wordsitype when i post my post - LOL).

You're holding something inside? Afraid to show, even yourself, your vulnerabilities, fears? Hmmmm

Kiayaphd said...

I read your post and left a comment there, but I'm now remembering something you said. Or maybe I just thought of this while I was reading. . . I don't know. But I have this feeling that if I start crying, I won't be able to stop and what would be the use anyway? Because things will be exactly the way they are when things dry up.

That is a ridiculous idea because things are always much clearer to me after a cry.

I don't know. . . maybe there is something going on that I'm not yet ready to look at or deal with.